Blog Archive

Friday, March 4, 2016

Oil Pulling?


I don't know why it's called "pulling" and not swishing.  This was another thing on Pinterest that kept grabbing my attention.
Basically, you stick a tablespoon of organic coconut oil in your mouth and swish it around for 20 minutes then spit.  You can use other oils such as sesame or sunflower oil but I love coconut oil and now "they" are saying it may help to prevent cavities.
I tried this last year for about a week or so and it gave me a cough.  I don't know if it was detoxing my lungs or I just had some sinus issues.  I did notice my teeth were a little whiter, nothing drastic in the short time that I did it.  One Crest White Strip probably would have done the same thing.


Oil pulling makes some outrageous claims, here are a few...
  • Overall Better Oral Health (ok, not so outrageous)
  • Clears up Acne
  • Whitens Teeth
  • Decreases Anxiety
  • Healthier Hair
  • Eases Arthritis
  • Good for Your Liver
  • TMJ Treatment
  • Reduces Plaque





Plaque, looks a lot like my Play-Doh barber shop I had when I was a child.

 
I wont be pulling any oil until I figure out what's going on with the castor oil and coconut oil on my head and lashes.  I already have a lengthy morning routine of waking up, washing all the oil off of me and getting dressed for work, to add another thing right now would be silly.

Also, don't spit your coconut oil in the sink or toilet, it will harden and clog your pipes, so "they" say. If you want more info on oil pulling, go to Pinterest or just Google it.  I gave you the important details, you're welcome. 

I would love to know if you are going to try it!





3 comments:

  1. Where did you buy your coconut oil? Couldn't you do oil pulling at night while watching tv?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you buy your coconut oil? Couldn't you do oil pulling at night while watching tv?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my coconut oil at a health food, vitamin store. Doesn't matter just as long as its organic and cold pressed. I wish there was a cost effective way to send you some. I bought a 5 gallon bucket of it. It melts at a lower temp so I can't use it for everything but I could easily send you a gallon. As far as pulling while watching tv...I guess it's better than nothing but you are "supposed" to do it first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach. Let me know ifyou try it.

    ReplyDelete